Within the UK, it is estimated that 46,000 distribution transformers will be purchased over the next five years, of which 40,000 will be replacements to existing systems, and 6,000 for Distributed Energy Resource (DER) applications.
These transformers will have a lifetime of 25 - 50 years, and so purchasing decisions made now will have a growing impact on total energy losses from the UK and European transformer stock.
- Are you an Industrial Energy user in the Manufacturing Industry?
- Do you have old HV Transformers dating into the 1980’s, 1990’s or older?
- Do you want to save on energy and maintenance costs?
The Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) is a grant designed to encourage energy intensive businesses to cut their carbon emissions and reduce their energy waste through switching to energy efficient low-carbon technologies.
The 2nd phase of the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) is now open with grants of £40m available to encourage energy intensive businesses to cut their carbon emissions and energy waste.
We can help apply for the fund, manage the application, installation and benefits realisation replacing inefficient distribution and power transformers with new Ultra Low Loss Models.
You must meet the following:
- To apply for the fund, you need to be a business in the manufacturing industry (SIC Codes 10 to 33) or Data Centres (SIC code 63110)
Be a business of any size registered in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- The minimum value of the fund must be £100,000 across single or multiple projects on a single site in the same postcode
All competition applications must be completed by 14 July 2021 at 11:00 am.
Awarded projects must start no later than 1 January 2023 and end by 31 December 2024.